Friday, September 26, 2008

The Acceptance

It was a beautiful moment. I was there when a friend received a call from probably one of his interviewers from the medical school. And I was there to witness his shock, speechlessness, and pure joy of knowing in just four shorts years he will be a doctor just as his favorite character from TV, J.D. (of Scrubs). He was thrilled! And then I told everyone because I felt like a proud mother! I remember this kid coming in freshman year all aloof and too cool to associate with the rest of us girls and really getting to know him (finally) my junior year. Who knew I'd be so happy for a friend whom I never thought I'd be friends with to begin with. The entire brown/Muslim population of the university probably knows by now and they are all ECSTATIC for him. Because really, if he hadn't gotten in....none of us would have much hope either haha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home