Sunday, May 07, 2006

Heaven Lies at a Mother's Feet

At this time, I love the relationship I have with my mother. From a relationship where she mostly disciplined me for my bad behavior and tantrums, it has blossomed into a one in which she knows what I’m doing every second of the day, what I do when she’s not there, and what I’m feeling even when she is hours away from me.

Today we went for a drive. With the car blasting an Indian song and the top down, she told me two things that make all parents happy: that their children are good human beings and they accomplish every thing they undertake.

I’ve made mistakes…big and small. I haven’t accomplished everything…I’ve left opportunities pass me by. Yet deep inside, I know my beautiful mother still loves her daughter…simply because I am her daughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home