Monday, May 08, 2006

One Big Happy Dysfunctional Family

What is family*? I was taught to believe they are people who share the same ancestors, last name, and blood as me and that we are supposed to love and care for each other.

In actuality, it’s a bunch of fucking insane and selfish people whom, if you read about their antics in a gossip magazine, would avoid to be seen with that God made you related to. That’s would family. Not any of that bullshit your mothers tell you.




*I am specifically talking about extended family here as in my cousins and second cousins and my mom’s second cousin’s aunt. I love my parents and siblings dearly. And this might not be true for all families. You might have been God’s favorite and actually gotten cousins and uncles who aren’t bastards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home